It’s no secret we’re suckers for a sweet salad, especially in the Spring. This perfect combination of protein packed quinoa, sweet dried fruit and nuts makes a great option for lunch or dinner and comes together in 30 minutes or less.
Quinoa Salad with Dried Fruit and Nuts
Quinoa: The super grain that's packed with protein and vitamins serves as a delicious base for a hearty spring salad.Print Pin
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup dried apricots chopped in ¼ inch pieces
- 1 cup quinoa (black, white or red – up to your preference)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ cup lightly salted mixed nuts (or any you like) coarsely chopped
- ½ cup baby spinach
- Place the cranberries and apricots in a saucepan with ½ cup water. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from the heat and cover.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and pour through a strainer into a measuring cup. Add enough water to make the liquid 2 cups. Return the liquid to the saucepan, withholding the fruit.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, add the quinoa, return to a boil. Immediately reduce to a gentle simmer and cook until the liquid has been absorbed. (Approximately 15 minutes) Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine the salt and lemon juice in a large bowl. Whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the quinoa, tossing with a fork. Stir in the fruit, nuts and baby spinach leaves.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature. Keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.