Summer is the season for burgers and with the Central Market Go & Grill Burger Kit, pop-up burger parties are easier than ever. Crafted by the chefs of Tellers, Prime, and H2O, the Go & Grill Burger Kit supplies you with all the restaurant-level ingredients you need to create four of your own Tellers “Black Label” Burgers: our premium bacon cheeseburger and a menu staple served, and loved inside all Bohlsen restaurants.
The star of every “Black Label” Burger is our meat: the 10-ounce Signature 1946 Blend Burger Patty. Custom blended specifically for our kitchens by Main Street Meats, this premium patty is the perfect blend of wagyu brisket, aged prime rib cap, boneless short rib, and Angus chuck. The wagyu brisket provides rich fat content for full flavor and the aged prime rib cap gives these burgers a special dry-aged richness.
While the Signature 1946 Blend Burger Patty is the center of every “Black Label” Burger, it couldn’t pull it off without our thick-cut applewood smoked bacon, creamy cheddar cheese, and famous Tellers Secret Sauce, all included in the Go & Grill Burger Kit. We asked Executive Chef Richard Soriano of Tellers to divulge the secret to this amazing sauce: “We start with a house-made aioli, which gives off a tangy, creamy flavor and texture, then we add dijon mustard for spice, and our onion ketchup for a rich, complex tart-sweetness. It’s a nuclear bomb of flavor in your mouth.”
You couldn’t build a proper “Black Label” Burger without lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles, and pillowy brioche buns, so we added those to the Go & Grill Burger Kit too, affording you less time in the supermarket and more time entertaining. Win.
There’s so much to say about the burgers in the Go & Grill Burger Kit, we truly could go on and on, but there’s more in the bag! Also included is a quarter tray of Tellers Five Cheese “Mac”: a decadent cavatappi macaroni and cheese that comes fully prepared and packed fresh by the Tellers kitchen. This side dish only requires heating up and the included instructions make getting it from kit to table a breeze.
No burger party is complete without a sweet ending, and the Go & Grill Burger Kit has dessert covered. Following the theme of classic Long Island summers, this kit comes with a bag of Tate’s Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Cookies. Thin, crispy, and absolutely delicious, Tate’s Cookies were voted the #1 chocolate chip cookie in America, and have been a Long Island favorite for decades. Even if you prefer soft and chewy cookies, you’ll find it hard to resist these buttery masterpieces.
Every Go & Grill Burger Kit order is prepared on the day it leaves the Tellers kitchen (fun fact: all Central Market orders are prepared daily by professional Tellers chefs) and is conveniently packed to be travel-ready, with chilled, never frozen, food and ice packs, inside of our new reusable Central Market Cooler Tote Bag. Made out of the highest quality materials, this bag has a zippered top and is lined with heat-sealed waterproof material that keeps moisture in and heatwaves out. The exterior pocket is big enough to fit your phone, keys, wallet, sunglasses, etcetera, etcetera. Basically, this bag can get your entire world from point A to point B in the most chill way possible. A $40 value, this bag comes free with every kit and is built to last. It’s become our favorite beach bag this summer.
The Go & Grill Burger Kit will be available all summer long, but only while supplies last. To order, go to the Go & Grill Burger Kit page by clicking here and add a kit, or two, to your cart. During checkout you can choose the exact date you’d like to pick up your order, Tuesdays-Saturdays between 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, from our restaurant pickup location Tellers: An American Chophouse, 605 Main Street, Islip.
Looking for a super upgraded burger experience? Then keep scrolling to check out our Over-the-Top Surf & Turf Burger recipe that uses the Go & Grill Burger Kit and our 8oz South African Lobster Tail to create the ultimate sea-side summer munch.
Over-the-Top Surf & Turf Burgers
- 2 8oz South African Lobster Tails
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise plus more for topping
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Finely Chopped Chives
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
From the Go & Grill Burger Kit
- 4 10oz Signature 1946 Blend Burger Patties
- Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 4 Brioche Burger Buns
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Red Onion Optional
- Cheddar Cheese Slices Optional
Steam Lobster Tails
- Prep for your lobster salad by steaming your lobster tails. Pour about 1 inch of water in the bottom of a large pot and bring to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and place a steamer insert inside the pot so that it is just above the water level. Put the lobster tails on the rack and cover the pot. Cover and steam for 6-8 minutes.
- Carefully remove lobster tails and allow to cool just enough to handle before opening the shell to remove the meat. Chop meat into 1/4-inch pieces. Place in the refrigerator and let completely chill.
Prep Burger Patties
- Now, let’s move to your burgers. Preheat your grill to 375-400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season your Signature 1946 Blend Burger Patties with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and then place them back in the refrigerator. You want to keep your meat cold until you’re just about to grill. This helps deliver a juicier burger.
- While your burgers chill, let’s grill your bacon. That’s right, we said grill. Make sure your grill has reached 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, making sure that it goes up and over the sides. This will help keep bacon grease contained and ensure an easy clean-up. Lay your bacon strips out so they don’t touch or overlap.
- Take your bacon-lined baking sheet and carefully place it on the hot grill. Close the grill lid and let cook for 15 minutes.
- After the first 15 minutes of cooking, use your tongs to carefully flip each strip. Pay attention to hot spots on your grill and rotate strips if necessary. Continue to cook 5-10 minutes longer, depending on your desired level of crispiness.
- When you’re happy with your bacon, remove strips with tongs and place them on a paper towel lined plate. Use thick oven mitts to carefully remove the baking sheet from your grill, being extra careful not to spill any hot grease.
Make Lobster Salad
- Increase your grill's temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit for the burgers. While that heats up, let’s make our lobster salad.
- Combine lobster, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chives in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Lay your burger patties down over direct heat, flipping them often. Never, ever press down on your patties; that’s the easiest way to create dry, bland, boring burgers! Cook to your desired doneness: Rare: 125 degrees (approx. 4 minutes or less), Medium Rare: 135 degrees (approx. 5 minutes), Medium: 145 degrees (approx. 6-7 minutes), Medium Well: 155 degrees (approx. 7-8 minutes), Well: 160+ degrees (approx. 8+ minutes)
- When your burgers are about 1 minute away from being done, top with cheddar cheese if you’d like. This is also the perfect time to toast your buns. Split and butter both sides, then place on the grill over indirect heat.
- Remove your burgers and toasted buns and place on separate plates. Allow your burgers to rest for about 1 minute to properly seal in all those yummy juices.
- Top your bottom buns with mayonnaise, a tomato round, lettuce, and onion (optional). Add your hot-off-the-grill burger patty, generous portion of chilled lobster salad, and 2 strips of crispy bacon. Top it off with your soft brioche bun top and serve immediately.